Freelance For You

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Nov. 25, 2006

Hello again, Freelancers. It's been a long time since I posted an entry, and I have both news and questions for anyone out there willing to respond.

I have a contract for a new book about Long Distance Grand Parenting and I'm seeking input from any grandmas or grandpas willing to tell me their joys or woes about visiting or entertaining grandkids who live at a distance. Many of us used to live next door to the grandparents or just across the field. Today's grankids may be separated from grandparents by many miles, even by continents.

No real names or places will be used but all who contribute wisdom, information, suggestions that can be implemented by other grandparents will be listed alphabetically on the Acknowledgements Page of the book. I want the "good, the bad, and the ugly," of course. One chapter deals with where the grandparents fit when the parents split. Another is on the Risks and Rewards of Grandparents offering advice. Right now I'm looking for special things grandmas do or have done to connect with visiting grandkids--such as let them cook special dishes, teaching them to sew, etc. (My grandmother used to let us put popcorn kernels on the top of her wood cooking stove and let us chase the flying popped corn all over the kitchen. I don't believe many grandparents have wood-burning kitchen ranges any more.)

Thanks in advance for anything you can send. I've been working on this daily and have great input from many writer friends and associates but I can always use more. Willma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home