Freelance For You

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

july 12

Back at Blog site after a busy past few days. Suggestion to all writers and wantabes: Never forget that out there in publishing space there's a publication that can use WHAT YOU WRITE. I had a pet article that just won an honorable mention in a contest at ByLine Magazine. (ByLine never publishes winners as that would constitute use of first rights and editor Marcia Preston jealously guards the rights of freelancers. I had sent it once to Cat Fancy a year or so ago. No dice. But on the same page with Cat Fancy was Cats & Kittens. Never heard of it. From their guidelines, electronic submissions were not in order. I put the article into the post office on July 4, knowing it would not go out until the 5th. On the 7th I received an e-mail from the North Carolina editor and I live in Sedona AZ. That's the fastest I've ever had a reception from a paying market. The editor said "an agreement will go out in the mail today." The agreement arrived a couple of days ago. I signed and mailed it. No word as to when it will be published, but that's speed!
I am so new at this blogging business, I don't believe that I have indicated that I am happy to have responses, suggestions, questions at my e-mail: wgore@npgcable.com.
Thanks in advance, Willma Gore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home